Most often, when investors are faced with the decision to invest in a business or not, they look at the business owner rather than his ideas. This is because the person will be the one to turn the ideas into reality.
And to make sure that you get your investor’s confidence, you must present him a useful product or service for a specific target market, detailed and thorough industry research as well as a quality operation and marketing plan.
If you lack one of these things, you might not be able to attract investors to fund your investment. Thus, it is imperative that in order to startup your business, you need to gain the trust of your investors.
When you are presenting your investors with your business plan, it is best that you highlight the key qualities and competencies of your management team. Here are the qualities that investors look for:
- Your ability to successfully start and grow a business
- An employee with experience in the same type of position that he is filling in your company
- An employee with experience in the vertical where your business competes in
- The company’s access to networks and resources that will help the business grow further
- The team’s positive reputation in their own special field of work
Click here to raise money from Angel Investors!
If your team is still not complete, you have to explain this to your investors as well:
- Why a position is needed to be filled
- Why adding such positions are important in the operations and long-term goals of your company
- Methods to recruit and secure quality employees
With this explanation, investors will see your need for the new crucial positions and this will show them how you have thought your management team through. Investors like business owners that are self-aware of what needs improving which shows that they are ready to face challenges later on.
Furthermore, your board of directors is also important people in your business. The investors should know who comprises your board and how each of them contributes to the strategic objectives of the company.
Click here to raise Venture Capital!
In your business plan, make sure you include a section for your management team. This section will include all the information about the key employees in your team. Always update this section once you get more employees on board your company.
It is a must that you practice due diligence when making your business plan. Not only is this something that investors, lenders and your staff will need to analyze and study, but this will also determine if the investor would like to take a risk with your company.
Bear in mind that if you get the right people on the job, your business will be a success.